Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Typos?

Title: Message
I believe that we decided to convert all keys to lower case characters, probably because of canonicalization. Are there any upper case characters left in UDDI keys?

Claus
-----Original Message-----
From: Rogers, Tony [mailto:Tony.Rogers@ca.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 10. Juni 2004 03:35
To: uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [uddi-spec] Typos?

I just happened to notice that the UDDI v3 keys for:

  uddi:uddi.org:categorization:derivedfrom

and

  uddi:uddi.org:categorization:entitykeyvalues

are all lower-case, which is inconsistent with the other canonical tModel keys. Should they really be:

  uddi:uddi.org:categorization:derivedFrom

and

  uddi:uddi.org:categorization:entityKeyValues

?

While I'm at it, there's a more serious question:

  uddi:uddi.org:categorization:validatedBy

should probably be:

  uddi:uddi.org:identifier:validatedBy

to be consistent with

  uddi:uddi.org:identifier:isReplacedBy

But I suspect we won't be too keen on making that change because it breaks things. Changing the case of derivedFrom and entityKeyValues shouldn't break things because case isn't significant in comparing UDDI keys - it won't even change the derived V2 keys, because they must be mapped to lowercase before being digested.

Thoughts?

Tony Rogers
tony.rogers@ca.com