Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] UDDI / BPEL / WSDM / WSRP - interop - FW: Gartner demo opportunity

From: Luc Clement [mailto:Luc.Clement@systinet.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2004 8:38 PM
To: uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: 'James Bryce Clark'; dee.schur@oasis-open.org; drj@us.ibm.com;
jevdemon@microsoft.com; richt2@us.ibm.com; richard.jacob@de.ibm.com;
kreger@us.ibm.com; winston_bumpus@dell.com; uddi-ms@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [uddi-spec] UDDI / BPEL / WSDM / WSRP - interop - FW: Gartner demo
opportunity

To: UDDI Spec TC
Cc: Chairs BPEL, WSDM, WSRP, UDDI Member Section

We have an opportunity to participate in a two-hour workshop and interop
demo at the Gartner Application and Web Service Summit in Orlando on 17
November [1]. Dee Schur has written to a number of TCs (see below) looking
to identify at least five OASIS members willing to collaborate on a
demonstration at this event **by Tuesday, 17 August**.

This is a rather short frame to pull this together both from the perspective
of responding **by** Tue and providing implementations in time for an
interop demo in Nov. Given the current activities on the BPEL and WSRP
Technical Notes and a WSDM TN I'm co-authoring with Fred Carter of the WSDM
TC, it is my hope that we can pull this off. I think we are in an ideal
position to demonstrate UDDI - the Web services registry standard - as the
enabler of enterprise SOA and bring together management, business process,
and WS portlets .... how exactly remains tbd.

If your organization is interested and in a position to participate in this
activity, please reply-all indicating how you can contribute and scenario
proposals. Please do so by 18:00 PST on Monday.

Based on the response I'll arrange for a telecon Tue 08:00 PST to discuss
possible scenarios and determine whether we can pull together a compelling
interop demo in time for 17 Nov.

BPEL, WSDM, WSRP Chairs: please canvass your respective TC asking for
interest in participating in such a joint interop demo.

[1] http://www4.gartner.com/2_events/conferences/apn13.jsp.

Luc Clément
Co-Chair OASIS UDDI Spec TC
Systinet Corporation