Subject: UDDI Session - Gartner Application and Web Services Summit, Orlando, 17 Nov

We are looking for a second "UDDI implementer" presenter for the Gartner Application and Web Services Summit (see below). To date, we have confirmed a presentation from Ben Moreland, The Hartford.

If you have a customer or are yourselves an implementer of a UDDI registry and would like to share your experience with others by giving a 20-30 min presentation as part of this TC activity, please write to me ASAP.

Thanks

Luc Clément
Co-Chair OASIS UDDI Spec TC
Systinet
Tel: +1.617.768.4268
www.systinet.com

Please find below a synopsis of the abstract that I propose we submitted to Gartner (via Dee Schur) to secure a spot on the agenda for Gartner's Application and Web Services Summit in Orlando on 17 November.

Abstract

Visibility, reusability, adaptability and manageability are the essential requirements for SOA provided by a registry, yet UDDI, the standard for a SOA Registry, is poorly understood.

This presentation by members of the OASIS UDDI Specification Technical Committee will provide you with an introduction to the UDDI standard in the form of a tutorial describing the standard and its features; and describe common use cases such as design time and runtime discovery in support of enterprise needs for visibility and reuse of SOA components.

You will hear from enterprise users who have deployed UDDI as part of their SOA and which will share with you their experience. And finally, you will see UDDI in action through a demonstration by members of the UDDI Technical Committee incorporating multiple product offerings interoperating in the context of addressing an enterprise business scenario.

Action for To: addressees:

1)       Please review this abstract and provide comment ASAP. As I explained I'm going on a short vacation and in my absence, Ian Bruce (Systinet) will coordinate necessary updates to the abstract. Ian will submit this abstract NO LATER THAN 10:00 am EST to Dee Schur. Let's avoid getting caught up on details.

2)      Please start the process of canvassing customers to present

As I said, I would be happy to represent the TC and give the UDDI session which will be followed by 1-2 customer presentations - then onto the demo.

Time is of the essence wrt the demo, so I ask that each of you start submit ideas on what we should present on the demo. The first to submit should start a separate mail thread will all To: addressees on the thread and cc: the TC mailing list.

I think that Claus and Daniel already have something that we can use as a starting point. Please make your submission before Sunday - I will use this input to setup one or more calls to firm up our plans and come to consensus on the demo.

If you need to contact me, please do so on my cell: 425.941.0150.

.... Let's make this a success - let's keep this simple.

Luc

Luc Clément

Co-Chair OASIS UDDI Spec TC

Systinet