Subject: UDDI Spec advancement

UDDI Spec TC:

     As you know, the OASIS member vote to advance UDDI v3.0.2 as an OASIS
Standard received sufficient votes to pass.  Congratulations.  However, the
TC Process rules require that the TC act to consider its reaction, in the
event that any negative votes are cast.  Several negative votes were cast
by members in the ballot closing yesterday.

     I am required to advise you that the TC must by resolution take one of
the three steps listed as alternatives below.  (NOTE:  My understanding is
that you have done so, at a meeting this morning, and I will confirm this
by a posting back to this list later today.)

     The applicable rule states (from
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#standard):

If at the end of the voting period at least 15 percent of the voting
membership has voted to approve the proposed standard, * * * if negative
votes amounting to less than 15 percent of the voting membership have been
cast, the TC will be notified of the negative votes, after which the TC
shall have 30 days to take one of the following actions by resolution: (a)
request OASIS TC Administration to approve the specification as submitted
despite the negative votes; (b) withdraw the submission entirely; or (c)
submit an amended specification, in which case the amended submission shall
be considered as if it were a new submission, except that information
regarding previous votes and any disposition of comments received in
previous votes shall accompany the amended submission.

     I will take steps to confirm the results of your TC's action this
morning and then expect to have further announcements shortly.

     Best regards  Jamie Clark

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS
~   +1 978 667 5115 x 203 central office