Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Action Items - 12 Apr TC Telecon

I shall not be able to participate in the call.

I have thought about the possibilities for a Technical Note for the OWL taxonomy work and I have reached the conclusion that support for OWL will have to be introduced as part of a future version of the specification.

Even if we disregard the idea of having a single ontology per node/registry and just consider using OWL to define a simple UDDI taxonomy, there would only be any value in this if UDDI implementations changed to support it. There would be no change in the way that people used the UDDI API and data structures, which seems to be the antithesis of a Technical Note.

Regards,

John
John Colgrave
IBM