Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Groups - Strawman Proposal - Representing Property Information (uddi-spec-tc-proposal-strawman-representing-property-information-20050320.doc) uploaded

Hi Jin & Luc,

Regarding the discussion of keyedReferenceGroup validation in item 2 below, I'd prefer to use means provided by the UDDI 3.0 specification itself. Section 5.2.3 (Special considerations for validated value sets) says that the category group system tModel needs to specify the category group systems whose keys are allowed to occur in corresponding keyedReferenceGroup/keyedReference elements.

I agree with Luc that this feature may be somewhat underspecified, but I'd prefer to have a canonical solution as part of the specification rather than a TN, which is always optional.

Claus

-----Original Message-----
From: Tong Jin [mailto:tong_jin@bah.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 30. März 2005 18:11
To: luc.clement@systinet.com; uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org

Luc/Group,

Here are my comments:

1. General

I agree with the general approach in laying out a set of
guidelines and usage patterns in capturing property meta
data for UDDI entities. Further, I agree to expand the
formalism of doing so into a UDDI technical note.

2. Technical

I would recommend capturing the relationship between
the tModel definitions for each property (name, email, dn,
etc) with the its enclosing categorizationGroup tModel. The
purpose is to give some hint/guidelines as to how to use
the categorizationGroup, what can go in such a
keyedReferenceGroup. Furthermore, user interfaces (and
tooling) can use such meta data to do validation.

One way this can be implemented is to use categorization on
the categorizationGroup tModel definition to include
keyedReferences to the set of property tModel keys as
keyValues, using keyNames to hold property
names/comments. We may need to define a special tModel for
the key of such keyedReferences. This approach is similar to
what is in the "Property In UDDI" proposal in [1].

3. Editorial

* Page 3, line 111
  "... The xxx-org:yy...servicetype" category system will
  be used for this purpose."

  You probably meant the categorizationGroup tModel
  "xxx-org:organizationalContact".

* Page 7 to page 8, section "Representing Contact
  Relationships"
  The introduction and definition of
  "uddi:xxxx:org:yyyy:2005:03:relations:contact"
  categorization system seems to trump previous mentions of
  "uddi:xxx-org:property:contact:relationship"
  categorization system (see the first keyedReference in
  the "organizationalcontact" keyedReferenceGroup in "all"
  examples.) Did you mean to define the same categorization
  system?

* Page 8, line 312-313
  Where did the XXXX:BrokeredServicesITService
  (categorization) come from and where was it used?

* Throughout the document, the naming and UDDI keys of all
  the relevant tModels need to be consistent, for example,
  search and replace all "xxx" with "xxxx".

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-spec/download.php/1160
2/uddi-spec-tc-prop030-property-and-significant-keyname-20050225.doc

Jin Tong

Phone 703-917-2839      ||  Booz | Allen | Hamilton
Fax   703-902-3457      ||  8251 Greensboro Drive
Email Tong_Jin@bah.com ||  McLean VA 22102

d.php/11942/uddi-spec-tc-proposal-strawman-representing-property->
information-20050320.doc