Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Groups - uddi-spec-tc-tn-securechannelfortrustworthiness (uddi-spec-tc-tn-securechannelfortrustworthiness-20050310.doc) uploaded

Title: RE: [uddi-spec] Groups - uddi-spec-tc-tn-securechannelfortrustworthiness (uddi-spec-tc-tn-securechannelfortrustworthiness-20050310.doc) uploaded
These are both good points. I'd like to see feedback from others.

For my part, I agree that the right place for any indication of server validation is in policy - either node or registry policy. Should there be a preference?

I'm not so sure about the Security API's role in establishing a secure channel - I keep thinking of the secure channel as SSL (althought others have been pointed out), and I have thought of the Security API (at the very least) as being implemented over SSL - hence the channel is established before the Security API is called. Or perhaps you are considering client-authenticated SSL? But I'd really like to hear what others have to say.

Tony
-----Original Message-----
From: von Riegen, Claus [mailto:claus.von.riegen@sap.com]
Sent: Tue 03-May-05 19:18
To: Rogers, Tony; uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org

Tony,

The TN looks good and is consistent.

Though, maybe because I haven't read the TN for a long time, I was wondering on
A) how the client can actually determine that the validation is done on the server side and whether this needs to be described using a node policy
B) what guidance we may want to give in terms of using the UDDI Security API set for the actual establishment of a secure channel.

Thoughts?

Claus