Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Is the UBR dead?

While it's true the UBR is shutting down, our intent is to provide a
full level of service until the shutdown date.

Matthew, I just registered a dummy account and got the confirmation
email.  Could it have been blocked by a spam filter?  I'm also curious
what you mean by "all the nodes were broken."

Thanks...

-Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Rogers, Tony [mailto:Tony.Rogers@ca.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 4:17 PM
To: Matthew J. Dovey; uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org

I think this covers it:

http://uddi.microsoft.com/about/FAQshutdown.htm

Tony Rogers
tony.rogers@ca.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew J. Dovey [mailto:matthew.dovey@oucs.ox.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, 15 December 2005 2:56
To: uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [uddi-spec] Is the UBR dead?

I've tried to register a new account on the Microsoft UBR node and got
as far as the screen:

Email Address Verification
Before you can continue it is essential that your email address is
verified.

A verification email has been sent to ' matthew.dovey@oucs.ox.ac.uk'.
Please check your email and follow the enclosed instructions.

And waited, and waited, and waited, sent myself e-mails to the above
address just to make sure that the problem wasn't my end?

Last time, I tried to use the UBR, all the nodes were broken.

This isn't a good advertisement of UDDI!

Matthew

OASIS
at: