uima message

Subject: UIMA TC Final Comments DUE May 9th -- Action Required.

Hi all,

Attached below is a complete draft of the UIMA Specification -- a proposed standard for interoperable text and multi-modal analytics.

This is the product of a lot of our hard work - thanks to all and especially to Adam Lally  for doing the bulk of the spec writing.

On the next call -- May 9th -- we will be reviewing final comments/changes.

As soon as these comments are integrated,  we plan to open a  ballot for the UIMA TC to vote on submitting the completed draft for the official OASIS review process.

So here's what you have to do:

1. Read the attached draft and send comments in email  to the UIMA TC before May 9th.   Ideally,  you we be available to represent those comments on the telecon on May 9th, but even if you can't attend just sending the comments in email will be helpful.

2. When the Ballot to approve the submission open,  PLEASE VOTE using the OASIS web-voting tool. (All voting members have used this tool before). A vote for YES will be  to go ahead and submit the draft,  a vote for NO should be accompanied by a reason describing what else you believe needs to be done to make the draft suitable for submission.

Thanks for all your work.

We are almost there :)

-Dave

David A. Ferrucci, PhD
Senior Manager, Semantic Analysis & Integration
Chief Architect,  UIMA
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
19 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne, NY 10532
Tel: 914-784-7847, 8/863-7847