uima message

Subject: Re: [uima] UIMA TC Final Comments DUE May 9th -- Action Required.

My comments through 3.3:

- 3.3: What did we decide about allowing discontinuous annotations?  That is something that we discussed last year but it has disappeared.

- 3.3: I'm wondering whether we should rename the base "Entity" type to "SemanticType" or "SemanticClass" or something like that.  This way we're not restricting annotations to refer to entities conceptually ... they could be relations or events or other non-entities too.

- Figure 13 (KLT, line 758): What happened to the klt.Link type?  is that what "klt.HasOccurrenceProvenance" captures?  If so, we should add some text to be explicit about this

Typos by line number:
18: delete "the" at end of line
131: "form" -> "from"
148: delete "\" at end of line
368: change "." to ":" at end of line
428: insert "the" before "namespace"
632: delete "-" in "use-case"
633: insert "the" before "stand-off"
641: "describes" -> "describe"
758: remove reference to "(from example3" in the figure
789: change "consider defining" to "define"

Hopefully more in a little while.

Karin

--
Karin Verspoor, PhD