uima message

Subject: Re: [uima] UIMA TC Final Comments DUE May 9th -- Action Required.

My comments after reading the spec through again:

Filling in the fields on the title page:
   * What do we list under Related Work, if anything?
   * We need to write an abstract.
   * Does anyone else get listed under Editor(s)?

We need to resolve the footnotes, which mostly are editing notes to ourselves:
   * Footnote 1, page 17:  Too informal, we could just replace with "as required by the XMI specificaiton" in the text and leave it at that.
   * Footnote 2 page 47:  I think this can stay.
   * Footnote 3, page 24: Decide if we want to state in the body of the text that configuraiton settings should not affect behavioral metadata, then remove the footnote.
   * Footnote 4, page 57:  We did not add anything to the behavioral metadata about whether a PE can accept undefined types, as this footnote suggests.  Do we want to do that?  I suggest not doing that at this point.  We can add somewhere (in the abstract interfaces maybe) that a PE MAY accept a CAS that does not have a defined type system.

Appendix A - Acknowledgements:  What to do here?

Regards,
  -Adam
Adam Lally
Senior Software Engineer