uima message

Subject: UIMA Telecon Today (Should be Brief)

 Hi all,

The ballot has been created for voting members of the UIMA TC to vote on approving the latest "Working Draft 05" as the official "Committee Draft 01" of the UIMA Specification.

The ballot will be open until June 27th 5PM Eastern but I encourage everyone to vote today or as soon as possible.

(This is a UIMA TC only ballot to approve our draft.  Voting members for this ballot are those who have been involved over the last 6-12 working sessions and/or who have made major contributions to the reviewing/editing  of the current specification draft. IF you do NOT have voting status for this ballot AND you want to vote on it, THEN  please contact me as soon as possible. Note that subsequent votes in the process, once the specification is submitted, will be open to the entire OASIS community)

I will NOT be able to make  today's call. But Adam will cover for me.

The agenda is simply to

1. Remind everyone the ballot is open and encourage them to vote

2. Offer to walk through the web voting process.

3. Review the overall OASIS process to ensure everyone is aware of the steps.
        a. UIMA TC approves to make committee draft <WE ARE HERE>
        b. Submit to OASIS. OASIS opens to public for 60 day review
        c. OASIS board has 15 days to review/approve
        d. Membership Ballot Opens 15 days  (need 15% -- before this have to work with OASIS to drum up some support.

4. Open floor for other issues

Conference Access:

US Toll free: 1-866-398-2885
US Toll: 1-719-457-6209
Passcode: 125054

Local Numbers Outside US
Local - Germany, Frankfurt: +49 (0) 69 36507 2086
Local - UK, London: +44 (0) 20 7663 2216
Local - Japan, Tokyo: +81 (0) 3 4455 1256
Local - France, Paris: +33 (0) 1 73 04 14 06
Local - Singapore: +65 6419 3726

David A. Ferrucci, PhD
Senior Manager, Semantic Analysis & Integration
Chief Architect,  UIMA
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
19 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne, NY 10532
Tel: 914-784-7847, 8/863-7847