uima message

Subject: UIMA TC -- UPDATE on Next Steps

Hi all,

We received instructions from OASIS on how to prepare the draft to submit for Public Review (see below).

Adam will take these administrative actions and send out the revised spec to the UIMA TC. Since these actions are administrative and format related,  I do NOT foresee the requirement for another vote. If you have another opinion please let us know.

Once the revised spec is complete and OASIS publishes the spec for public review we will update our status and next steps.

The TELECON for tomorrow is CANCELLED since there is no need to meet at this time.

-Dave
David A. Ferrucci, PhD
Senior Manager, Semantic Analysis & Integration
Chief Architect,  UIMA
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
19 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne, NY 10532
Tel: 914-784-7847, 8/863-7847
ferrucci@us.ibm.com
http://www.ibm.com/research/uima

----- Forwarded by David Ferrucci/Watson/IBM on 07/17/2008 10:11 AM -----
"Mary McRae" <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
Sent by: Mary McRae <marypmcrae@gmail.com>

07/11/2008 04:40 PM
Please respond to
<mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>

David Ferrucci/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Adam Lally/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, <ehn@cs.cmu.edu>
Subject
RE: UIMA TC -- Spec Review

Hi David,

  Congratulations on getting to your first major milestone! The next step is where I review the document and tell you everything that needs to be changed/added/deleted before the public review can be announced.

Here’s the list of things that need to be added/fixed to the specification before I can upload to docs.oasis-open.org and announce the Public Review:

1.       The specification itself in 3 formats: editable source (Word, OO, Symphony, etc.), HTML and PDF
2.       Separate plain text files for each schema/wsdl/etc.
3.       Working Draft 05 replaced with “Committee Draft 01”
4.       Specification URIs:
a.       This version: http://docs.oasis-open.org/uima/v1.0/cd01/{filename.ext}
b.      Latest version: http://docs.oasis-open.org/uima/v1.0/uima-v1.0.{ext}
5.       Authoritative Version: The TC must declare one of the 3 required formats as authoritative. Best practice is to use the editable source as Authoritative since that is the version that was actually created/edited and since errors are known to occur in conversion to other formats. That said, some TCs prefer to declare the PDF as authoritative.
6.       Namespaces: Namespaces must live in an explicitly identified path including “ns” – i.e., http://docs.oasis-open.org/uima/ns/{namespace}
7.       A separate namespace document must be provided that will link to each of the specification components (template at http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/rddl.html
8.       Conformance Section: Must be the last numbered section in the specification prior to any Appendices. Conformance guidelines can be found here: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html

Once you’ve updated the documents and have everything ready, send it to me in a zip file, along with a link to the meeting minutes where the document was approved as a committee draft (or web ballot if that’s the case). I’ll do a final check and then get the public review announced.

Regards,

Mary