uima message

Subject: UIMA Specification Next Steps and Next Telecon Scheduled for October 17th.

All,

The UIMA Committee Draft's 60-day public review period ends on October 8th. There have been no comments so far.

The Next Step is for our committee to vote to approve the draft as a "Committee Specification".

On October 17th at 11AM (our usual time)  we will convene our next  telecon to kick off a ballot to approve the committee draft as a "Committee Specification".

Then we need to acquire three(3)  "Statements of Use". These brief statements would mention a usage of UIMA that conforms to one or more parts of the specification, for example the XMI specification.

These "Statements of Use" get included as part of the submission to OASIS for consideration of UIMA as an OASIS standard.

Hope to speak with you all on October 17th

If you have a conflict and can NOT attend on October 17th, then  please let me know and we can try to reschedule.

Regards,
        Dave
David A. Ferrucci, PhD
Senior Manager, Semantic Analysis & Integration
Chief Architect,  UIMA
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
19 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne, NY 10532
Tel: 914-784-7847, 8/863-7847