uima message

Subject: Re: [uima] so close to getting UIMA approved as a standard.

Yes. It is looking very good. I am very pleased.

The one 'no' vote is a very strange case especially given the comment that at this late stage of the game they have not read the spec :(
Given this is an open-standard under development for some time and had a 60 review period, the right action would have been to abstain (not vote).
We believe that he ultimately meant to abstain and we have a note out to him for clarification.

Formally, if there is some minimum 'no' votes, we just have to convene to get a 2/3 vote our own TC's voting membership to push ahead in consideration of the negative votes. With the results of that internal ballot,  OASIS will approve the standard with no further ado.

We'll wait to the official end of the ballot to take the next steps -- but looks very promising.

Regards,
        Dave
David A. Ferrucci, PhD
Senior Manager, Semantic Analysis & Integration
Chief Architect,  UIMA
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
19 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne, NY 10532
Tel: 914-784-7847, 8/863-7847
ferrucci@us.ibm.com
http://www.ibm.com/research/uima

carl mattocks <carlmattocks@gmail.com>

02/28/2009 10:17 AM

uima@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[uima] so close to getting UIMA approved as a standard.

We have 48 'yes' votes. We now need to consider if there is a need to discuss the single 'no'  given the voters comment that they are still seeking inhouse feedback.

:-}
congratulations

carl