uima message

Subject: Re: [uima] Status of TC?

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the note.
There are no plans at this time to continue to refine the standard.
I recommend we close the TC.

-Dave
David A. Ferrucci, PhD
Deparment Group Manager
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
19 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne, NY 10532
Tel: 914-784-7847, 8/863-7847
ferrucci@us.ibm.com
http://www.ibm.com/deepqa

From: Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
To: uima@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 03/01/2010 10:49 PM
Subject: [uima] Status of TC?

To David and members of the UIMA TC:

The TC seems to have become dormant since approving UIMA 1.0 as an OASIS Standard. That is certainly a significant achievement, and it may well be that the TC wishes to declare victory and close.

OASIS rules require that I shut down any TC that has had no activity for 6 months; I am derelict in that duty.

Does the TC wish to continue? If yes, you will need to hold a meeting at least once every six months. The TC can also vote to close. If no action is taken I will be forced to close the TC.

Please discuss on the list and let me know how you would like to proceed.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web:
www.oasis-open.org
twitter: @fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.