uiml-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: manuel.moons@gmail.com

Hello,

Why do the when-true,when-false and by-default elements allow an op element as child?

It suggests that condition nesting is possible.  It leads you into believing you can do further testing on some property and do some processing if the op evaluates to true.

I do not think this is the case though.  It seems that you can do a test but can do nothing with the result.

** Nesting conditions is a feature that I would like in the UIML spec.  The evaluation of one condition should have a when-true and when-false child that should have their own condition and action possibilities.

At this moment you would have to copy the entire condition and write 2 very similar rules.  If nesting is possible it would reduce overhead dramatically.

Greetings Manuel