uiml-comment message

Subject: Re: [uiml-comment] Summary of issues raised by Takashi Endo and suggestedUIML 4.0 changes

Thank you Jo Vermeulen!

Jo Vermeulen wrote:

> At first sight, I don't think that really matters since the style will be
> inserted anyway (because we use "replace").

I think it matters even if we use "replace". The miss is not in the
part to be removed, but it is in the part to be inserted. And
I'm afraid that no one will insert the style element.

By the way I use XML Editor on Eclipse and it warns me that
'The content of element type "part" must match "(style?,content?,
behavior?,layout?,variable*,part*,repeat*,template-parameters?)"'.

XML Editor is included in Web Tools Platform (WTP).
You can try it (or other tool) to validate the uiml if you
put the following declaration.
<!DOCTYPE uiml SYSTEM "uiml4_0.DTD">

For your information, XML Editor on Eclipse works fine with
the following declaration,

<!DOCTYPE uiml PUBLIC
  "-//Harmonia//DTD UIML 3.0 Draft//EN"
  "http://uiml.org/dtds/UIML3_0a.dtd";>