uiml-comment message

Subject: Re: [uiml-comment] Summary of issues raised by Takashi Endo and suggested UIML 4.0 changes

On Dec 10, 2007 8:13 AM, <takashi.endou.zs@kyocera.jp> wrote:

> Thank you Jo Vermeulen!
>
> Jo Vermeulen wrote:
> >
> > At first sight, I don't think that really matters since the style will
> be
> > inserted anyway (because we use "replace").
> >

> I think it matters even if we use "replace". The miss is not in the
> part to be removed, but it is in the part to be inserted. And
> I'm afraid that no one will insert the style element.

Oh I see, you are indeed correct. You mean in this snippet, the property is
just placed directly inside the part instead of in an inline style section?

<part>
  <part id="$entry_id" class="Entry"/>
  <part id="$button_id" class="Button">
    <property name="label"><template-param id="button_label"/></property>
  </part>
</part>

I will add the necessary <style> element.

> By the way I use XML Editor on Eclipse and it warns me that
> 'The content of element type "part" must match "(style?,content?,
> behavior?,layout?,variable*,part*,repeat*,template-parameters?)"'.
>
> XML Editor is included in Web Tools Platform (WTP).
> You can try it (or other tool) to validate the uiml if you
> put the following declaration.
> <!DOCTYPE uiml SYSTEM "uiml4_0.DTD">
>

> For your information, XML Editor on Eclipse works fine with
> the following declaration,
>
> <!DOCTYPE uiml PUBLIC
>  "-//Harmonia//DTD UIML 3.0 Draft//EN"
>  "http://uiml.org/dtds/UIML3_0a.dtd";>