uiml message

Subject: Discussion Material for the June 21st Meeting

Hello all,

In preparation for the June meeting of the TC, it would be helpful for eveyone to review the following papers and articles:

Marucci, L., Paterno, F., and Santoro, C. "Supporting Interactions with Muktiple Platforms Through User Task Models".  In _Multiple User Interfaces: Cross-Platform Applications and Context-Aware Interfaces_  eds. A. Seffah and H. Javahery.  John Wiley & Sons, LTD. 2004. pp 217-38.
Puerta, A. "A Model-Based Interface Development Environment", IEEE journal, 1997, http://csdl.computer.org/comp/mags/so/1997/04/s4040abs.htm or
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=625739&dl=ACM&coll=portal.

Limbourg Q., Vanderdonckt, J., Michotte, B., Bouillon, L., Florins, M., and Trevisan, D.  "USIXML: A User Interface Description Language for Context-Sensitive User Interface in Proceedings of Developing User Interfaces with XML: Advances on User Interface Description Languages, a Satellite Workshop of Advanced Visual Interfaces 2004 (AVI '04), (pp 55-62).  Gallipoli, Italy, May 25, 2004.

Our topic is UIML and its relation to Model-based UI design, and these papers will give us a good foundation to discuss.  If anyone has trouble getting ahold of the suggested reading, please send me an e-mail and I will do my best to get the material to you.

Looking forward to talking to you all!

James Helms

Director of Services
Harmonia, Inc