uiml message

Subject: Telco yesterday

Sorry, that I could not talk to you yesterday. As Robbie mentioned, there
was a problem with the
mike attached to my headset. However, listening was possible and there was
not so much
I could have technically contributed.

Concerning the questions raised:
- I seem to be on the mailing list, since I received the invitation mail to
the telco,
  the preparatory mails (& some other generic stuff from OASIS)
- There was one minor task assigned to me according to the findings of the
last
  telephone conference, which was to provide information on RuleML:
  A plethora of links can be found on the project home page:
http://www.ruleml.org/
  As you may see, the amount of information is not very well structured. The
main
  intention is to unify the access to knowledge-based and AI systems. The
ambition
  goes significantly beyond the scope of UIML rules. A standardisation in
W3C is targeted
  by the initiative. Though the ideas presented there are quite appealing,
the process of turning the
  concepts into working standards is not very streamlined.

Best Regards,
Heinz-Josef

---
Dr. Heinz-Josef Eikerling
Siemens IT Solutions and Services GmbH & Co. OHG
SBS GSR D PRO SI C-LAB
Fürstenallee 11
33102 Paderborn, Germany
Tel.: +49 5251 60-6133
Fax: +49 5251 60-6065
Heinz-Josef.Eikerling@c-lab.de

Siemens IT Solutions and Services GmbH & Co. OHG
Offene Handelsgesellschaft, Sitz der Gesellschaft: München;
Registergericht: München, HRA 69235;
Geschäftsführende Gesellschafterin: Siemens IT Solutions and Services
Beteiligungs-GmbH,
Geschäftsführer: Christoph Kollatz, Vorsitzender; Jürgen Frischmuth, Michael
Schulz-Drost;
Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht: München, HRB 50462;
Weitere Gesellschafter: Siemens IT Solutions and Services Investment GmbH &
Co. KG,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht: München, HRA 86893;
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin der Siemens IT Solutions and Services
Investment GmbH & Co. KG:
Siemens IT Solutions and Services Beteiligungs-GmbH,
Geschäftsführer: Christoph Kollatz, Vorsitzender; Jürgen Frischmuth, Michael
Schulz-Drost;
Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht: München,
HRB 50462 WEEE-Reg.Nr. DE 88294312