uiml message

Subject: Re: [uiml] Summary of issues raised by Takashi Endo and suggested UIML 4.0 changes

Hi,

> That is a good point.  I like the way DISL handles this, but we have
> two considerations: 1) UIML sets a precedent with the <property>
> element that establishes "name" as the way to reference an existing id
> without conflicting; and 2) the additional reference attribute still
> leaves us with the issue of having conflicting id's.  The DISL
> approach is very good for readability, but I think the problem Mr.
> Endo had was related to limitations of the DOM specification that only
> allows you to look up single elements by id.

OK, now I got it :-)
I could update the relevant parts WRT variables (Section 6.9 and the DTD).
Do I have the most current version? (uiml-core-4.0-draft_RS021007.doc)

All the best,
Robbie.
--
   _/ Dr. Robbie Schaefer        _/ Phone: +49 5251 60-6107  _/
  _/ Visual Interactive Systems _/ Fax: +49 5251 60-6065    _/