unitsml message

Subject: RE: [unitsml] Groups - UnitsML TC Agenda for Sept. 12, 2007 (UnitsMLTC-agenda-2007-09-12.doc) uploaded

Bob,

Thanks for organising this.  I, for one, am grateful for the opportunity to contribute asynchronously.

I have no additions or changes to the posted content.  I have one observation, and one question though.

1. Since I became involved with UnitsML, I've never really 'got' the QuantitySet element.  I see that something called QuantitiesML would want to reference/incorporate UnitsML, but not the other way around.  Perhaps I'm just being too much of a purist - certainly I can't imagine that having it in there being a barrier to implementation.

2. I've been under the impression for years that degrees in the Rankine scale are properly referred to simply as 'Rankine' and 'R' rather than 'degree Rankine' and 'R'.  I have no evidence for this, and wondered if anyone on the list had an authoritative response?

Craig