unitsml message

Subject: RE: [unitsml] Current Meeting Ends Wednesday - Please Participate

Hi everyone,

  I just wanted to clarify Craig's statement. The problem with MatML was not
that we didn't think we could garner the 15% vote, but that we did not have 3
organizational members to certify that they were successfully using the
specification, which is a requirement before submitting for OASIS Standard vote.

  We have never had a ballot fail due to insufficient votes.

  I have not listened to the recording so I don't know exactly what was said; if
you are seeking more information about submitting work to other standards
organizations I strongly urge you read the relevant section in the OASIS Liaison
Policy, here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php#submitwork.

Regards,

Mary