unitsml message

Subject: FW: [jsr-275-eg] Fw: JSR 275

Having glanced through Brian Frank's units.obix file (attached), it seems to me that the UnitsML TC and the oBIX TC (also part of OASIS) would both benefit from collaboration.

Maybe Brian could dial in to the next UnitsML TC conference call?

Karen

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank, Brian [mailto:bfrank@tridium.com]
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 9:48 AM
To: Legrand, Karen
Subject: RE: [jsr-275-eg] Fw: JSR 275

Honestly I didn't know there was a UnitsML TC.  But yes, I would love to see collaboration.  I'm am especially interested in defining a standard naming convention for units which can be used (similar to what the Olsen database has been able to do for naming timezones).  It seems soooo much work goes into *modeling* units, that everyone underestimates the huge value (and much simpler task) of *naming* units.