unitsml message

Subject: Re: ... Ontology Forum project - Quantity and Unit of Measure

No problem, and not necessarily a box with bad things in it.  Attempts
to round up bunches of standards into coherence can be a very good
thing, as long as they're done inclusively and well.  We have
excellent relations with Ontolog, who of course evolved originally
from a discussion group in our own UBL community.

Without getting into a complex chat, they *are* the sort of structured
informal activity which generally *can* lead to production of
consensus and artifacts that transition nicely, later, into more
formal standardization.  I also received this note, which came out of
meetings ending in Geneva last night, and we'll share it with some
other stakeholders as well.  One of our principal ones, the OASIS
UnitsML TC, is copied here.

Kind regards  Jamie

~ James Bryce Clark
~ General Counsel, OASIS