unitsml message

Subject: RE: UnitsML: Motion to change enumerated root unit "kilogram_force"to "gram_force"

I vote to change the enumerated root unit "kilogram_force" to "gram_force".

-Mark

From: Linstrom, Peter [mailto:peter.linstrom@nist.gov]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:20 PM
To: unitsml@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: deborra.j.zukowski@pb.com; schalk@unf.edu

All,

This message is part of the asynchronous portion of the March 2011 UnitsML meeting. It has been discovered that one of our enumerated root units, “kilogram_force,” has a prefix embedded in it. This makes it impractical to apply a prefix to it. Because of this I am moving the this entry be removed

from the list of enumerated root units and be replaced by an entry called “gram_force” which represents the gram-force unit. The more commonly used kilogram-force unit can then be constructed from this root unit.

Bob has indicated to me that we can make this change to the schema without affecting the timeline of moving it through OASIS. Because of this, I would

like to take this opportunity to make this change before time runs out.

In an unrelated matter, my schedule for April is up in the air right now, so I can’t say which of three dates below would be best. I guess there would be a week preference for the 14th since it is in the afternoon. I encourage others to let their preferences known, so we can schedule this meeting in a timely manner.

Peter

Peter J. Linstrom

(301) 975-5422

NIST, Chemical and Biochemical Reference Data Division