unitsml message

Subject: Status of the UnitsML TC - is it time to close?

Members of the UnitsML TC,

I have been reviewing the status of TCs recently. I notice that the UnitsML TC has been without a chair for some time now and has been inactive since 2011. In addition, the roster shows only 4 members, all from NIST.

Given this, do any of you see a reason to keep the TC open?

There is certainly nothing wrong with declaring victory and wrapping things up. All the TC's work and historical record will continue to be available on the OASIS platform and your work has met with success.

If no one wishes to discuss this further or I hear no objections by next Thursday, I will take that as an affirmative answer to my question and close the TC. If you do think there is a reason to keep the TC active, please let me know so that we can discuss next steps.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to talk about this further.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393