uoml-discuss message

Subject: Re: [uoml-discuss] UOML discuss subject one - Proposed UOML TC Name& Statement of Purpose

Alex, all,

Stephen made quite an interesting answer. But I would just like to add
that RelaxNG is an OASIS standard (and is used for many other standards)
so you may want to have a more careful look at it.

Best,
Charles.

Wang Donglin a ¨¦crit :
> [...]
>> http://xml.coverpages.org/relax-ng.html
>> http://www.relaxng.org
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Charles-H.Schulz,
>> Associ¨¦ / Associate,
>> Ars Aperta.
>>

>> pine zhang a ¨¦crit :
>>
>>> Dear all:
>>>
>>> This is Pine Zhang from UOML Alliance .
>>>
>>> As we will form a technical committee of UOML in OASIS, the TC charter
>>> is necessary. Following the requirement of TC template, each item will
>>> be discussed week by week till it is formed to be a final charter.
>>>
>>> the first subject for this week is£ºProposed UOML TC Name.
>>>
>>> Here I would like to copy the guideline form the TC template:
>>>
>>> "[The name of the TC, such name not to have been previously used for
>>> an OASIS TC and not to include any trademarks or service marks not
>>> owned by OASIS. The proposed TC name is subject to TC Administrator
>>> approval and may not include any misleading or inappropriate names.
>>> The proposed name must specify any acronyms or abbreviations of the
>>> name that shall be used to refer to the TC.]"
>>>
>>> *The proposed TC Name could be*: "OASIS Unstructured Operation Markup
>>> Language Technical Committee", abbreviation = UOML TC.
>>>
>>> The second subject is £ºProposed UOML TC Statement of Purpose
>>>
>>> The guideline of this item forms the TC template:
>>>
>>> ¡°A statement of purpose, including a definition of the problem to be
>>> solved¡±
>>>
>>> *The Proposed UOML TC Statement of Purpose could be:*
>>>
>>> The Unstructured operation markup language Standard defines an XML
>>> schema for universal document operations. The schema is suitable for
>>> operating written documents, including create, view, modify, query
>>> information that can be printed in paper, e.g. books, magazine,
>>> newspaper, office documents, maps, drawings, blueprints, but is not
>>> restricted to these kinds of documents. There are several commercial
>>> and free applications available based on UOML, with more currently
>>> under development.
>>>
>>> The purpose of this TC is to create an open, XML-based operation
>>> standard for unstructured documents.
>>>
>>> The resulting standard must meet the following requirements:
>>>
>>>    1. It must be suitable for written documents, i.e. information that
>>>       can be printed in paper, including books, magazine, newspaper,
>>>       office documents, maps, drawings, blueprints, but is not
>>>       restricted to these kinds of documents.
>>>    2. It must define universal operations to these documents,
>>>       including create, view, modify, query, retrieve.
>>>    3. It must be compatible with the W3C Extensible Markup Language
>>>       (XML) v1.0 and W3C Namespaces in XML v1.0 specifications,
>>>    4. It must deal with after-typesetting information suitable for
>>>       presenting the document,
>>>    5. It must be friendly to document related applications.
>>>    6. It must be cross-platform, program language independent.
>>>
>>> Will you agree to the two proposed items or any other ideas? Any

>>> Fax:+86-10-82332929

--
Charles-H.Schulz,
Associ¨¦ / Associate,