uoml-discuss message

Subject: RE: [uoml-discuss] uoml manual

Great. Thanks Alex. Perhaps something along these lines
could be added to the charter to clarify the objectives and
scope.

All the best

Steve

>>> "Alex Wang" <dlwang@sursen.com> 08/09/06 18:10:07 >>>
For first, in a certain way, yes. UOML is no longer a storage format
standard, it is an operation interface standard.  PDF vs. UOML = DBF vs.
SQL
Secondy, XSL-FO is more oriented to content-based formatting than
layout-based formatting, while UOML is oriented to layout-based
formatting ( i.e. after-typesetting); XSL-FO is a storage format
standard, while UOML is operation interface standard.

-Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Green [mailto:stephen_green@bristol-city.gov.uk]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 7:39 PM
To: uoml-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org

Secondly, how does it relate to or compare
with XSL-FO?

>>> "Stephen Green" <stephen_green@bristol-city.gov.uk> 08/09/06
>>> 12:36:59 >>>
Thanks

Am I right in understanding that the UOML is like an API
for editing such 'electronic paper' document standards
as PDF and SEP but is not in itself electronic paper?

Stephen Green

>>> "guo guoxu" <gx.guoxu@gmail.com> 08/09/06 11:58:06 >>>
that's ok.
btw, some tool (eg. winzip) can open gz file too.
guoxu

uoml-discuss-help@lists.oasis-open.org