uoml-x message

Subject: Re: [uoml-x] Groups - UOML (Unstructured Operation Markup Language)Part 1 1.1 WD01 (UOML-X-Part1v1.1-wd01-rev02.doc) modified

Hi,

I just have been uploading the latest revision of UOML Part 1 version
1.1 working draft 1. There are some significant changes included, that
need to be commented.

The most significant changes are:

1.1 Terminology
---------------
Significantly reworded the definitions of 'docbase' and 'docset', in a
way I find clearer (PLEASE COMMENT!)

Added definition for 'visual document' (very brief yet)

1.2 Scope
---------
Changes in wording considering comments of Alex

1.6 Overview
------------
Significantly rewritten (please comment)

1.7 Simple Use Case
-------------------
This is new and very brief yet, can certainly be extended

2.2 Docbase
-----------
Rephrased to make it easier

2.3.1
-----
Added normative clause that defines 'Root Docset' which helped with the
rephrasing of the previous item (2.2)

3.4 Get
-------
GET_PAGE_BMP is now called GET_PAGE_IMG to honor the fact that we also
support SVG as possible output format now

Some former additions of attributes and examples made by Kaihong

[NOTE: The document seems to be broken, as it does not differentiate
changes by different authors anymore. I tried to fix this in the authors
settings, but no success so far. Some of the metadata of the document
behave as if they are protected]

4.3.1 DRAWPARA
--------------
New section by Kaihong. I made a couple of comments that I would like to
discuss ASAP.

4.11.x.y
--------
I have added a couple redefinitions of UOML Graphics Objects as a subset
of SVG. This works pretty well for the simple shapes like LINE,  RECT,
CIRCLE, as you will see. But I'm totally stuck with ARC, BEZIER, SUBPATH
and PATH. SVG does not know an element as UOML's PATH. That SVG calls
'path' is similar to SUBPATH at UOML. SVG doesn't also know ARC and
BEZIER, as they get expressed by svg:path. I think it would only take a
couple of days to summarize ARC, BEZIER and SUBPATH into a similar
element as svg:path. BUT(!), does this make sense? The main question
would be if UOML as standard would loose compatibility with existing
implementations.

As I said, please review the specification or I will remain stuck.

Best regards,
Peter