uoml message

Subject: Re: Re: [uoml] uoml sample document

Greetings Alex, UOML TC,

We need to list the documents to be provided in the specification.

I expect we have a list like the following at the present time:

1. Draft W3C XML Schema files
2. Draft specification prose document (in open document, XHTML and pdf format)
3. Samples in both prose and XML formats

Besides item 2 we will need a collection of all of the diagrams as .jpg or
equivalent.

We might also need to produce a docbook version of item 2, provided we
have the skills. This will be an editable XML version of the prose
specification text from which the other file formats can be generated
(such as with XSLT, say). That way we would only need to concentraton
editing one document. Maybe we wish to use Open Document for the
editable version,
in which case may I suggest we use the .odt file format. Does Red Office
support this same file type as the one used in Open Office? It is possible
to create pdf and XHTML from this format but maybe we need help with this
from Mary to get the exact OASIS style right. Suggestions on how to do this
from an Open Office file or Red Office file would be welcome. Or does it
require docbook for the generation of the right OASIS style?

Then we need a folder structure to be decided if we are to zip the package
into one zip file for easy download.

We also need to agree for the schema files:

1. the namespace format
2. the filename format

Plus version and naming rules for the whole specification - for UOML itself.

For that we need to understand the latest OASIS namespace and file naming
rules which are not very restrictive so there is much that is just for
the TC to decide.

Do we have draft copies of the whole specification and the schema files?

Enough of me for now.

All the best

Stephen Green