user-assistance-discuss message

Subject: RE: [user-assistance-discuss] Clarifying Our Goals

I have sent invites to almost all the HAT vendors - am still working on a
couple email addresses. I do believe their participation is very important.

Rob

Rob Frankland
Sock Monkey Consulting
12408 Kallgren RD NE
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110-3328
Phone: 206-780-8850
Email: torobf@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Meyer [mailto:pmeyer@elkera.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 3:44 PM
To: user-assistance-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org

Paul,

It would help me if I had a better understanding of the reason why you have
initiated this list. The list of possible goals is quite extensive and I
doubt we would set out to achieve them all in one process.

What do you see as "the problem" that lead you to start this list? What
would be a successful result for you?

I can see your reference to a "plethora of ... formats" but these are
promoted by different vendors. Do your plans require participation of those
vendors so they agree to give up their formats or do you envisage developing
something and hoping that it may be adopted over time?
If the plethora of help formats is the problem, why is that a problem?
Presumably, if we start from a suitably designed model, we can generate any
of them plus any others that come along.

Peter Meyer

Elkera Pty Limited (ACN 092 447 428)
Email: pmeyer@elkera.com
Ph: +61 2 8440 6900 * Fax: +61 2 8440 6988
Skype: pwrmeyer
http://www.elkera.com