user-assistance-discuss message

Subject: Re: [user-assistance-discuss] The "Ideal" User Assistance Application?

I completely agree .. all excellent points.

My speclet really only addressed a possible "application" which could be
used as a connection point between a client-based application that
requires documentation and the associated documentation. Exactly what
(or where) that documentation is .. is completely up to the content
developer. To address your request for web-based content, was why I want
the content for the UA app to be either/both local and remote
(web-based) and compiled or uncompiled. The UA app that I describe is
purely a souped up web browser with some UA-specific hooks. Developing
this UA app provides a consistent container for application developers
to host their UA content .. wherever and whatever it happens to be. I'd
imagine that we could build some plugins for this app that would make it
easier for content developers to build online communities within their
Help as well as other cool stuff.

If a web browser is all that's needed, then there's no reason for
someone to use this (or any other) UA app.

Cheers!

...scott