vel message

Subject: Crystal work on variability management

Dear TC members,

I went through the publicly available information on variability management created by the CRYSTAL project.

From what I can see, their intentions have been to cover some of the aspects that VEL targets, but in the end the project ended by creating a meta-model of a feature model without really considering variability points in different tools, their attributes or their exchange between tools.

Therefore, I think that we do not have to consider CRYSTAL as input for our work and consequently I suggest that we skip my explanation of the CRYSTAL work in the next telco.

For those who are interested in the details of the CRYSTAL variability management, you can find more here.

Best,

Damir

cid:image001.png@01D3AEF8.D99AF550

Damir Nesic

PhD student/MSc projects coordinator

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management

Machine Design/Mechatronics Division

BrinellvÃgen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46-8-790 63 03, Mobile: +46-73-765 20 74

damirn@kth.se, www.kth.se