vel message

Subject: Starter Document for The Variability Exchange Language Version 1.0 (in TC's Kavi repository)

Per the TC's submission request [1], I have prepared a starter document for:
The Variability Exchange Language Version 1.0
WP-abbrev: VEL

It is difficult to email this ZIP file, apparently since it contains XML files. I have placed it in the VEL TC's Kavi repository at:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/66238/VEL-v1.0-template-package.zip.

When the TC first votes [2] to publish this Work Product in the OASIS Library, we expect it to be published at:
https://docs.oasis-open.org/vel/VEL/v1.0/csprd01/VEL-v1.0-csprd01.html
The permanent "Latest stage" URI will be:
https://docs.oasis-open.org/vel/VEL/v1.0/VEL-v1.0.html

The ZIP file contains a file "readme.txt" which describes the other contents of the ZIP file, and identifies useful resources as you develop your specification using the DocBook publishing environment. Please feel free to contact me or Chet Ensign with questions. We are not DocBook experts, but we will be happy to assist you.

The ZIP file also contains:
- VEL-v1.0-csprd01-model.xml - intended as the starter document for development of the VEL-v1.0 specification, defining the front pages and key parts of the first section of the expected published specification for its initial public review.Â
- VEL-v1.0-csprd01-model.html - HTML file showing the front pages of the expected published specification for its initial public review. (generated from a Microsoft Word document, not directly from the accompanying XML file)
- other files as described in "readme.txt".

Please let me know if anything here fails to meet your expectations.

When the TC votes [2] to approve a Working Draft for publication, the Chair or other designated person must submit a "Committee Specification Draft Creation and Upload Request" accessible on the TC Administration Requests Page [3].

Upon receipt of this form, the TC Administrator will QC and process the Work Product for official publication in the OASIS Library (https://docs.oasis-open.org/) as a Committee Draft, including addition of the requisite cover page metadata and other boilerplate information.