Subject: Re: [virtio-comment] virtio new config layout

"Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst@redhat.com> writes:
> I think it's useful to formalize the proposal for
> the new config layout and how interoperability is
> handled.
>
> A Linux driver written by Rusty and qemu side by me
> have both been published.
>
> It shouldn't be hard to put this in the spec form - Rusty,
> do you plan to do it or should I take a stub at it?

I'd love you to do it.  In fact, I already assigned it to you :)

https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/VIRTIO-21

Here's the process I've imagined:

1) Create / Assign issue if there isn't one:
        https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/VIRTIO

2) Post patch to mailing list.

3) Once there's agreement and you want the patch applied, mark the
   issue OPEN with the URL of final patch (eg. mailing list URL).

4) Next meeting we go through OPEN and decide what we can apply, what
   needs deferring, etc.

Cheers,
Rusty.
PS.  If other people want to take over jobs on that list, please do!