Subject: Re: [virtio-comment] virtio and endian-ness

> However this must not be required by spec,
> it must be possible to write a device that
> implements both old and new spec.

I don't think so. It must be possible to write a driver that drivers
both the old and the new specs. I don't see any value in making the
device implementation more complicated. It provides a functionality of
its (or rather: of the host's environment author) choice. Then it's
guest's decision to use it or not.

Paweł