OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

virtio-comment message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes for last two meetings.

(Serious mailing list issues from IBM AFAICT, these didn't go out.
 CC'ing virtio-comment just in case!)

Minutes for VIRTIO Call 2013-07-30

1. Call to Order and Welcome 
	By convener David Ings.

2. Volunteer for Note Taking
	Omitted.  Minutes taken by Rusty Russell.

3. Roll call

   Voting Members:
	Pawel Moll,  ARM Limited 
	Anthony Liguori,  IBM 
	Rusty Russell,  IBM 
	Dave Ings,  IBM 
	Gershon Janssen,  Individual 
	Bryan Venteicher,  NetApp 
	Daniel Kiper,  Oracle 
	Sasha,  Levin,  Oracle 
	Michael Tsirkin,  Red Hat 
	Stefan Hajnoczi,  Red Hat 
	Amit Shah,  Red Hat 

   Non-voting Members:
	Bruce Tolley, Solarflare Communications
	Robin Cover, OASIS
	Chet Ensign, OASIS

4. Nominations for Chair/Co-Chairs.
   Rusty as per previous email submission.  No additional nominations.

5. Election of Chair or Co-Chairs 
   Rusty Russell by unanimous consent.

6. Welcome from OASIS Staff

7. Review of the TC Charter
   Chet provided summary and overview, using deck mailed to list previously.

8. Discussion of Contributed Work - or Contributions to the TC
   No additions made beyond Virtio PCI Spec referred in charter.

9. Confirmation of Meeting Schedule 
   Next meeting in 2 weeks: August 13th 1600 UTC

10. Any other business
   Chair reiterated goals listed in charter, and reminded TC of mailing list
   for discusison and issue tracker for proposed changes.

   Chair committed to produce text version of Contributed Work.

11. Adjourn

Minutes for VIRTIO Call 2013-08-14

1. Opening.
	Opened 4:02pm UTC.

2. Roll call. 
	Stefan Hajnoczi - RedHat
	Amit Shah - RedHat
	Anthony Ligouri - IBM
	Bryan Venteicher - NetApp
	Sasha Levin - Oracle
	Rusty Russell - IBM
	Michael Tsirkin - RedHat
	Pawel Moll - ARM Limited
	Daniel Kiper - Oracle

3. Proposal for rotating minuting of meeting. 
	MOVED: Rusty  Seconded: Anthony.  All in favour.
	(Pawel was late: we start rotation at 'M' next meeting :)

4. Use of JIRA. 
	ACTION: Rusty: Put outstanding bugs from mailing list in JIRA.

5. Use of subversion repository. 
	ACTION: Rusty: Chase up
	ACTION: Rusty: if delayed, set up temporary git repo.

	Standing rule.  Minor cleanups, spelling and typo fixes
	direct into SVN for approval at next meeting.
	MOVED: Rusty.  Seconded: Pawel.  All in favour.

6. Outstanding JIRA issues.
	ACTION: Pawel: Fix LE endian (VIRTIO 6)
	ACTION: Pawel: Reserve device ID 0 (zero) as invalid

7. Meeting time change proposal 
	Meeting time from next week -3 hours. 1300 UTC.
	MOVED: Rusty. Second: Michael Tsirkin. 	All in favour.

8. Any other business 
	PCI ID allocation - Anthony.
	Microsoft Windows signed drivers required to be from correct
	vendor, so only RH can currently get virtio drivers certified.

	ACTION: Rusty: Can we acquire a vendor neutral ID via OASIS?

	We should use subsystem ID for differentiation; spec is silent on this.
	Action: Anthony: Create issues in tracker for subsystem and PCI ID.

	Endian - Rusty.
	Little endian preferred for PCI and mmio; would prefer universal but
	virtio-ccw needs benchmarking.  Must be backwards compatible.

9. Confirmation of Meeting Schedule 
	In 2 weeks, minus 3 hours. (1300 UTC).
	ACTION: Rusty to update calendar.

10. Adjourn 
	16:39 finish.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]