Subject: Re: [virtio-dev] VIRTIO_BLK_F_CONFIG_WCE removed from virtio 1.0?

On 02/07/2015 07:08, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 11:50:19PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> I guess we were a bit overzealous in removing VIRTIO_BLK_F_FLUSH aka
>> VIRTIO_BLK_F_WCE.  The VIRTIO_BLK_F_CONFIG_WCE is a useful feature and
>> should be preserved in order to achieve feature parity between 0.9 and 1.0.
>>
>> Sorry for commenting on this so close to the deadline, but I think this
>> is a blocker. :(  I'll send a patch shortly.
>>
>> Paolo
>
> Yes but it's been like this since CS01, correct?
> I would rather release CS03 as is, work on CS04
> in parallel.
>
> Do you agree?

It's the same.  More precisely, I think it is a blocker for starting to
work on 1.1.

> Also - maybe we can bring back scsi command support as well?

No, SCSI command was a bad feature to begin with (a hack due to lack of
virtio-scsi).  It has been deprecated years ago, and cannot be done
compatibly because it relies on the framing of buffers.  This feature is
new and useful for performance.

> Also - pls open an issue tracker.

Done, VIRTIO-144.

Paolo