Subject: Re: [virtio-comment] Block Device: Legacy SCSI 'cmd' Framing Requirements

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 12:30:48PM +0000, Savir, Gil wrote:
> When using Block-device, legacy scsi commands, while VIRTIO_F_ANY_LAYOUT is negotiated, it is not clear if 'cmd' field must reside in a single, separate device-readable buffer.

I haven't looked into this but it's worth mentioning that virtio-blk
SCSI commands are discouraged and probably disabled in modern Linux
distros (for example, I just checked that the Fedora 29 kernel disables
it in the guest driver).

If anyone is planning to make use of this legacy feature, it would be
worth checking carefully that the required set of guest drivers and
hypervisors actually implement this feature.

Stefan