Subject: vsock: define a maximum size for the packet data

Hello,

Would it be possible to define a maximum size for the packet data in the spec (for example the one from the Linux driver [1])? We are working on a vsock packet implementation in rust-vmm [2], and we would like to check for some sort of limit for the data packet,

without using the limit from a specific driver implementation. We want to do this so that the driver is not allowed to reserve huge chunks of memory. VMMs might want to reject packets that have bigger data arrays. This limit could probably be defined in the VMM as well, and then propagated/checked where it is needed, but it would be nicer to have one at the spec level.

Thanks,

Laura

[1] https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v4.9.12/source/include/linux/virtio_vsock.h#L14

[2] https://github.com/rust-vmm/vm-virtio/pull/131

Amazon Development Center (Romania) S.R.L. registered office: 27A Sf. Lazar Street, UBC5, floor 2, Iasi, Iasi County, 700045, Romania. Registered in Romania. Registration number J22/2621/2005.