Subject: Re: [virtio-comment] Comments on RPMB config space chapter 5.2.14

Harald Mommer <hmo@opensynergy.com> writes:

> On 11.03.22 17:02, Huang, Yang wrote:
>>
>>> 1.) We have an underlying physical RPMB device we would like to forward to
>>> a virtual machine via virtio RPMB. Looks like the physical device has a
>>> capacity of 256. 256 > 0x80. And 256 also does not fit in the u8 capacity of the
>> 256*128KB = 32MB RPMB. What's your flash, eMMC, UFS or NVMe?
>
> UFS. I should still try to find out what exact chip is used on the
> board and try to confirm with the data sheet (if available) that the
> capacity of 256 we got from ioctl RPMB_IOC_CAP_CMD is indeed the
> correct one. Which means 32MB. just to rule out I'm not fooled by some
> obscure bug somewhere in the stack.

Which stack would this be? If it's one of my test branches I wouldn't
rule out a bug in stack, especially when it comes to handling the config
space. There hasn't been a upstream release of an RPMB driver for Linux
yet.

I'm currently in the middle of having another go that attempts to bridge
the gap between a straight dumb frame pass-through and a slightly more
ergonomic approach that none the less leaves the cryptographic frame
creation to user space.

--
Alex BennÃe