Subject: Re: [RFC 0/3] virtio-iommu: a paravirtualized IOMMU

On Fri, Apr 07, 2017 at 08:17:44PM +0100, Jean-Philippe Brucker wrote:
> There are a number of advantages in a paravirtualized IOMMU over a full
> emulation. It is portable and could be reused on different architectures.
> It is easier to implement than a full emulation, with less state tracking.
> It might be more efficient in some cases, with less context switches to
> the host and the possibility of in-kernel emulation.

Thanks, this is very interesting. I am read to read it all, but I really
would like you to expand some more on the motivation for this work.
Productising this would be quite a bit of work. Spending just 6 lines on
motivation seems somewhat disproportionate. In particular, do you have
any specific efficiency measurements or estimates that you can share?

--
MST