Subject: Re: [virtio-dev] [RFC] virtio-iommu version 0.4

Hi Adam,

On 16/08/17 05:08, Adam Tao wrote:
>> * There is a working Qemu prototype [3], thanks to Eric Auger and Bharat
>>   Bhushan.
> Hi, Brucker
> I read the related spec for virtio IOMMU,
> I am wondering if we support both the virtual and physical devices in
> the guest to use the virtio IOMMU, how can we config the related address
> translation for the different type of devices.
> e.g.
> 1. for Virtio devs(e.g. virtio-net), we can change the memmap table used
> by the vhost device.
> 2. for physical devices we can directly config the IOMMU/SMMU on the
> host.
>
> So do you know are there any RFCs for the back-end implementation for the virtio-IOMMU
> thanks
> Adam

Eric's series [3] adds support for virtual devices (I'v only had time to
test virtio-net so far, but as vhost-iotlb seems to be supported by Qemu,
it should work with vhost-net as well). Bharat is working on the VFIO
backend for physical devices. As far as I'm aware, his latest version is:

[7] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2017-07/msg04094.html

Thanks,
Jean