Subject: Re: [virtio-dev] [RFC] virtio-iommu version 0.4

On 21/09/17 07:41, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

I think it's likely to happen, to have two endpoints with different
overlapping types. Reporting is easy, but handling mismatched reserved
regions is hard. So what I can do is leave these combination rules as
implementation detail, and let the device reject any domain attach that
overlaps mismatched RESV regions.

After all, putting multiple devices in the same domain is a nice feature
but might not be widely used in reality. It's not worth spending too much
time describing all possible behaviors for it (but still worth thinking
about to avoid introducing security holes).

Thanks,
Jean