Subject: Re: [virtio-dev] vhost-user to interconnect vm's

On 10/25/2017 06:25 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 02:07:21PM +0000, Avi Cohen (A) wrote:
Hello,
I wonder if it is possible to directly connect 2  VM's (without host intervention) with  vhost-user interface , so one VM is slave and the 2nd  is the master.
I can connect the VM's with OVS-DPDK (or VPP)  in the middle - but this requires an extra copy.
Best Regards
Avi

This is the vhost-pci set of patches. They are not upstream yet -
last version - v2 - was posted back in May. Cc Wei Wang for an
update on the status. It would be great if you could try them out.

We have started to implement the DPDK PMD of vhost-pci, since
it is simpler and has better performance than the kernel driver.

We are also trying to make a simpler QEMU implementation than v2,
for example, the vhost-pci device will be statically set up via qemu
command line, instead of being hot-plugged on demand.

We would be able to send out the new version in a month or two.

Best,
Wei