Subject: RE: packed ring layout proposal v3

Using descriptor offset like virtio 0, won't work.
In virtio 0, there was no reordering in the descriptor ring, so the offset was always unique.
In the new spec, if descriptor in offset 2 completes before the descriptor in offset 1,
It can be put in offset 1, but reusing offset 1 is not yet safe.

Also, please ignore my earlier comment about in-order completion,
It invalidates the entire discussion.