Subject: Re: Requesting ballots for #31 and #32

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 09:38:13AM +0800, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to request ballots for the following issues:
>
> "content: reserve virtio device ID for file system devices"
> https://github.com/oasis-tcs/virtio-spec/issues/31
>
> "virtio-blk: discard and write zeroes clarifications"
> https://github.com/oasis-tcs/virtio-spec/issues/32
>
> At least #32 is needed for VIRTIO 1.1 but #31 is trivial and will
> prevent device ID conflicts so I suggest merging it too.
>
> Thank you,
> Stefan

Would you say that #32 is a material change or not?

	"Material Change" is any change to the content of a Work Product that
	that would require a compliant application or implementation to be
	modified or rewritten in order to remain compliant or which adds new
	features or otherwise expands the scope of the work product.

I think you indicated in the past that it isn't.

However I think #31 would be a new feature. If yes including it would not
qualify as non material change and that would force
another public review round.

Would you agree?
If doesn't seem worth forcing a public review for a trivial change.

--
MST