Subject: Re: [virtio-dev] Memory sharing device

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 07:54:04AM -0800, Frank Yang wrote:
> To update driver/device functionality, ideally we want to ship two small shared
> libraries,
> one to guest userspace and one to plug in to the host VMM.

I don't think we want to support that last in QEMU.  Generally you want
process isolation, not shared library plugins - definitely not host
side - VMM is just to sensitive to allow random plugins -
and maybe not guest side either.

I'm at a conference tomorrow but I hope to complete review
of the proposal and respond by end of week.

Thanks!

--
MST